Saturday, December 17, 2016

Book Review | Twilight at Blueberry Barrens

I have already reviewed 6 of Colleen Coble's books, including The Inn at the Ocean's Edge, and Mermaid Moon which are the first two books in the Sunset Cove series. So when I saw the third one for review, I grabbed it and once again I really enjoyed the book. The nice thing is that you don't have to have read the first two books to get into "Twilight at Blueberry Barrens"  as they are completely separate stories. It is lovely that there are familiar characters from "The Inn at Ocean's Edge" and "Mermaid Moon", but the stories can be read independently.

Kate Mason lives and works on her family's blueberry barrens. When they stop producing fruit she has to try and make money in another way. Renting out a house on the property to Drake Newham leads to a job babysitting his two lovely girls and so much more... 

The book has strong main characters, a beautiful setting - Maine's secluded coastline - and described to perfection by the author. It also has a story-line that keeps you thinking and guessing, and wanting to read to the end... I love reading books from this author.

Lots of suspense, some romance, real life faith mixed with a lovely touch of family and realism as well. It is a book that drags you in, keeps you interested and brings everything to a wonderful conclusion. Highly recommended!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...