Sunday, August 07, 2016

Book Review | Together at the table

Having read and LOVED the first two books ("A Table by the Window" and "Reservations for Two") in the series by Hillary Manton Lodge, I jumped at the chance to review the final installment!

I decided to wait for my vacation and then go back and read the first two books again before getting into the third book "Together at the Table" and it was WONDERFUL! I loved the first two stories as much as I did the first time, and then I got lost in the third book completely. I must admit I even bored my vacation companions with stories from the books, as the characters are so alive and full bodied, it felt like I was talking about real people.

Once again the author keeps the suspense in the relationships of the two main characters going: "will they, won't they?" She also brings a wonderful and completely unexpected ending to the story of her grandmother which started in the first book.

I don't want to give anything away, but I cannot emphasize enough how much I LOVED this series and can recommend it as a wonderful read for foodies, travel lovers, romance suspense fans, history buffs, pretty much anyone who loves a good read about "real" people which makes you smile and want more...

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Blogging for Bloggers <http://www.bloggingforbooks.org> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...