Saturday, June 18, 2016

Book Review | If I run

Having read and loved Terri Blackstock's Cape Refuge series, when I saw this book up for review, I jumped at the chance. I wasn't disappointed as it was fast paced mystery, with a splash of romance and with lovely biblical principles interwoven throughout.

Casey finds her friend Brent dead and in trying to help him tracks her footprints and fingerprints all over the scene. Thinking that the people who did this to him would come for her and also fearing the police would think she killed him (which they do) she runs...

The story continues as she finds her way to new surroundings while back home, former soldier, Dylan, is hired by Brent's family to try and find Casey. The story continues to unfold and the mystery of Brent's death deepens...

The only thing that I didn't like was the ending. I thought it was a stand alone book and thought as I drew towards to the end that it would actually end. But unfortunately, as I got to the end it becomes clear that this is the first in a series and so there is no clear conclusion. But I will probably read the next in the series as the characters are well developed and I will enjoy seeing where they go from here.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...