Monday, April 18, 2016

Book Review | The Newsmakers

I have read (and also reviewed) many books by Lis Wiehl, so when I saw this book available for review, I grabbed it. I read while travelling to the UK and it made the trip go by very fast!
The story took me in, and shook me up, turned me around and surprised me at the end - just the way I like it!

Erica Sparks takes a new job with GNN, even leaving her 7-year-old daughter with her ex-husband for the opportunity. When she is in the right place at the right time to get an exclusive of a ferry accident and then a couple of days later another right-time-right-place exclusive and her career takes off... Now is it just coincidence, or is something else taking place???

I love the fact that the story isn't just suspenseful with a touch of romance, but also weaves in redemption principles within the stories. It makes you think deeper about the meaning of life and isn't just a good read.

All that to say, it was a good read, but it wasn't the best book I have read by Lis Wiehl. I found some of the plot twists a little bit too far-fetched, but went with them for the sake of the book. Also I didn't really like the main character all that much, but near the end she did redeem herself through her actions. I would still recommend it to anyone as a good holiday or travel read.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Hmmm . . . maybe I should consider Lis Wiehl.

Belinda Chaplin said...

I am busy reading through her Triple Threat series - I read the last two as reviews and the first two were on daily deal on kindle, so I grabbed them - I am now on book 3 again and am enjoying reading it again having read the first two (even though you don't have to read them in order it does make more sense). And I think if you are considering her, this is where you should start - she really does a good job with this series!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...