Sunday, January 24, 2016

Rules for my life

When I was at University, I had a friend who had the following rules:




Since then I have always used this as a joke...saying that this is the list of rules for my life. Although I am right in many cases (ha ha!), I know that I am not always right... but sometimes I do act as if I am always right: which is not good for those around me. Yesterday Ljilja joked "my life became so much easier when I just remember that Belinda is always right" and it got me to thinking...

I mean, if the person I live with and work with has to act like I am always right just for us to get along, then something isn't right!!

This morning during my daily time of reading my bible and praying, I realised a couple of things...
1) of course I don't really think that I am not always right, but even saying it as a joke means that others may think that I actually do think that...
2) the only one who is ALWAYS right is the Lord. WOW! That was a BIG one. Of course I know that God is good, and loving and LORD ALMIGHTY, but to put it into that context is so cool. He doesn't make mistakes. He knows what is best. He is in control. He is GOD and I am NOT! I don't have to always be right, but it is comforting to know that someone is...

So, my list of rules for my life are now:



2 comments:

Victor said...

:-)

Belinda Chaplin said...

thanks Victor :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...