Saturday, January 16, 2016

Book Review | The Brontë Plot

Before I went on vacation to Canada, I decided to get a book to read while I was travelling and chose this one from the ones available. Set at first in Chicago, but quickly moving to London and classic places like Haworth where the Brontë's lived and wrote and also the Lake district, this story was a great one to read while travelling myself!

The settings are beautifully described, and the characters are well developed, and the story-line keeps you wanting more - my kind of book!  The main character, rare-book dealer Lucy, has made mistakes in the past, and these catch up with her and ruin her relationship with her Prince Charming, James. She realises that things have to change and in comes James' gran who whisks her along to England on a buying trip, but she also has other motives which surprisingly have nothing to do with James...

As the story unfolded, I was drawn along by wanting to know what was going to happen, and really enjoyed seeing the changes the main characters made in their lives.

I would recommended this story especially to those who enjoy classics from the Brontë's to Austen, and want a good solid read that makes you think about your life and how you can also improve.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...