Friday, September 18, 2015

Book Review | Reservations for two

I read Hillary Manton Lodge's "A table by the window" and loved it sooooo much that when I saw that "Reservations for two" which is the sequel was up for review, I had to get my hands on it! The only thing that I didn't like about both books is that I didn't realise either were part of a series until it didn't end at the end. So the first book surprised me with a sequel and so did the second... luckily the 3rd book is supposed to be the end of the Two Blue Door series so am looking forward to reading that and getting the closer I need on these wonderfully developed characters.

Once again the main character is Juliette D'Alisa and starts with her searching out her roots in Provence and Tuscany. The romantic storyline with Neil from Memphis is kept on-again-off-again because of long distance, especially when she is back in Portland and running a new restaurant. The characters are developed further and the intrigue continues as she seeks answers to a family mystery. Interspaced throughout with letters from her grandmother during WWII Paris and wonderful recipes which are mentioned in the story, this strong story kept me reading until the end...

I cannot recommend this series highly enough and can hardly wait until the last in the series comes out! Armchair travellers, foodies, history buffs will all love this book - and if you like romance and intrigue all wrapped up in one, then this is the book for you!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Blogging for Bloggers <http://www.bloggingforbooks.org> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Interesting. A novel with recipes in it! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...