Monday, September 07, 2015

Book Review | Center of Gravity

I don't think I would have picked this book up in a library or bookstore as it didn't seem to be the kind of book I usually enjoy. However, I am really glad that it was one of the books up for review on booklook.com as I was completely wrong - I loved it!

A thriller with heart is how I would describe this fast read of a book which gets you from the first page and won't let you go. At first glance it is about a family that is falling apart - the husband wanting to get away from his wife, taking the child from his first marriage with them... but as the story unfolds, the deeper, more ugly truth is revealed.

The story plotline twisted and turned and just when I thought I had it all figured out, another corner was turned revealing yet another mystery to be solved. I really enjoyed this romping ride of a tale, and if you like to be surprised or to keep reading a book until the end to figure everything out, then this is the book for you too! Now I will be looking for more from Laura McNeill!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Thanks for the review. I'm curious. Did Booklook change names? The one I joined (which I haven't contributed to for 2 years since I'm doing a Bible review) had a different name but I feel like it's the same company.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...