Saturday, June 20, 2015

Dropbox flashbacks...and fun with teams...

So, my phone backs up to Dropbox automatically, and now Dropbox sends me an email with "memories" from years gone by on this date... it is definitely going to be a lot of random photos, as I tend to use my phone for more practical photos than memorializing ones... Here is an example from 19.06.2014...

As it was generally my job to do the shopping for the teams helping us with the building last year, the guys at the hardware shop got used to me coming in with random photos of things we needed. I would always start off by saying "this is going to be fun: firstly I am a woman, and secondly this is not my mother tongue, but I think we can figure it out..." and usually we did! And now my hardware vocabulary is probably better in the local language, than it is in English, ha ha! 

Last month, I took two of the YWAM Davos team to the hardware shop to buy supplies to paint 5 doors upstairs (and they did a great job!) and we managed to get everything we needed. When we got to the check out, they spotted a kid's toy gun (with arrow bullets that stick on the wall). I saw it was only like 1,70KM (just under a euro) and I figured why not just buy them one... so I put it on the checkout with the rest of the stuff. Then one of the guys says "is that for us?" and I say "yeah" and he looks at me with his big brown eyes and says "it would be better if there were two of them, one each"... so of course I give in and get them two. Oh boy, they were sooooo happy!! I took them back to the house and they stalked and shot up the other members of the team and had fun with those guns... I was the coolest team hoster ever :)

Now, that is when I realise that these teams are filled with big kids... and I am getting old! Two of them played guitar with me in our church band, and I realised that I have been playing guitar longer than any of the team have been alive... but I love the fact that I can also be the fun auntie (and sometimes the strict mom!) to these great teams that come through Banja Luka! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...