Saturday, June 06, 2015

Booklook review: Lethal Beauty

"Lethal Beauty" is another Mia Quinn mystery by Lis Wiehl (with April Henry). Having reviewed the first in the series "A Matter of Trust", I grabbed the chance to read this one. It is a free standing book, so you don't have to have read any of the other books in the series to be able to enjoy it, but the characters are the same as in previous books, which helps you to enjoy it more if you have read any of the other books. Besides Mia Quinn, who is a Seattle prosecutor, this story once again includes the cute detective, Charlie Carlson... and her son, Gabe.

Trying to find justice for Dandan Yee, a Chinese prostitute killed in Seattle, while of course dealing with the murder and mystery, the book also explores the quite dark themes of prostitution and human trafficking and really makes one think about some horrible realities of this world.

As with her other books, the story draws you in from the beginning and the plot twists and turns keep you reading until you get to the end. I love books that you cannot put down, or read late into the night, and warning: this is one of those!!

I also love the fact that this is Christian fiction, but without being overpoweringly sweet and sickly. Down-to-earth and really living the Christian life in the real world. I recommend this book for anyone looking for a good holiday or travel read, especially Christian women who like to read wholesome fiction about uplifting women characters.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Cool. That's a review that draws me in. I don't like sweet and sickly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...