Thursday, April 09, 2015

Booklook review: A Thing of Beauty

I just finished reading "A Thing of Beauty" by Lisa Samson and even though I really did enjoy reading it, I didn't feel like it had much of a point. The story kept my attention and was interesting, but I kept thinking "where is this going?" or "I hope this is going somewhere" and the ending didn't really get there for me.

The story is about former child star Fiona Hume who left show-business a decade ago. She left because of a drug problem and after leaving rehab, she retreated to Baltimore and bought an old downtown mansion with the idea of restoring it into a masterpiece and possibly creating an artist's studio for herself.

She has filled the mansion with loads of projects and accumulated things to make something out of, but not actually finishing any of those projects... just slowly becoming a hoarder. She realises that she is running out of money and so gets a boarder, Josiah, who is supposed to stay completely out of her life... but doesn't!

You will have to read the rest of the story to find out what happens, and maybe it will speak more to you than it did to me.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own

1 comment:

Victor said...

Thanks for the review. I'll pass for now. I think I have a lower tolerance for Christian fiction than you so it needs to be really good (only because I've read a lot that is not).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...