Saturday, December 06, 2014

Sometimes I REALLY love my job...

As a reward for being a part of the book club at the Children's Home, we took the 6-9th graders to the bowling alley in town. (The 1-5th graders are getting their reward tomorrow... more on that later!)

The bowling alley very graciously gave us the lanes for free, and put up with 17 kids and 18 adults (yes we had more helpers than kids!!) for an hour... Some of the volunteers took part, others were part of the best cheer-leading squad ever!  I didn't actually bowl so I could take pictures and do crowd control, but I mostly walked around listening to the sounds of the fun being had and repeating continuously "sometimes I really love my job" ... they really had a great time!

I managed to get a few good action shots:

 Different techniques were used - one handed:
 Or two...
 Sofija giving it a go...
And David showing how it is done...
Thanks also to David for helping me with the transport (he is a brave man!) and to the volunteers for all their help making it an exciting outing for all involved!! And it is true that I love my job all the time, but sometimes I REALLY love it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love what you do! What a blessing to hear some updates. You surely bring a lot of joy! God bless you dear Belinda! - from the U.S., your ol' buddy Paula from Muiz.

Belinda Chaplin said...

Thanks Paula! I realised lately that I really love organising things that make people happy :) Especially children. This weekend we did the first of our Samaritan's Purse Christmas package distributions - will put it up on the blog when I get a moment... and we did our Christmas play for them, and it was sooo much fun! I loved seeing the kids faces during the play, but esp afterwards when they got their packages!! Hope you are doing well!!

Victor said...

I agree with Paula. It really as beautiful. And you are on fire with all the activities. I guess things get super busy in December!!

By the way I love the photobooth at the children's party. I want to have one at my wedding. And we always have one at the Peace Corps Ball in DC.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...