Saturday, October 25, 2014

BookLook review | Seagrass Pier

I have already reviewed 2 of Colleen Coble's books for BookLook - The Tidewater Inn and her Christmas book Silent Night. I also over this summer borrowed three of her books to read while on holiday as I really enjoy her writing. So, it was a no-brainer when I saw this book come up for review on BookLook... and I was not disappointed.

Elin Summerall had a heart transplant after a heart infection meant she needed a new heart. Besides suddenly having her tastes for certain things change, Elin realises that something has changed in her when she starts remembering details of her death...

The new heart belonged to someone who had been murdered, and Elin quickly realises that the memories belong to the heart! In order to remain safe until the police figure out who the killer is, she relocates to the remote Hope Island where she hopes to be safe... unfortunately that is not the case!

Although this is the third book in the Hope Beach series, I didn't realise it was part of a series at all until I started reading other reviews, so it really works as a stand-along book as well. Although that said, I have read the first in the series, Tidewater Inn, but now I also want to read the middle one too!!

As usual for Colleen Coble, the book has a bit of romance thrown in amongst the suspense, and it was a highly relaxing read from beginning to end.

Highly recommended!!

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. 

6 comments:

Victor said...

Interesting. I don't normally read Christian fiction (is it Christian) but my sister bought me a book, the first of a series of four, and I wanted to know how it ends. Also the book had situations that paralleled my own life so the connection was easy and difficult at times.

Is that true, that you can have memories due to a heart transplant? Wouldn't that make more sense for a brain transplant?

Belinda Chaplin said...

Yes, it is Christian. I don't think it is possible, but it is plausible enough to use it as a fiction device in the story and still be believable! Maybe when they do brain transplants it will be reality, who knows?

Belinda Chaplin said...

Yes, it is Christian. I don't think it is possible, but it is plausible enough to use it as a fiction device in the story and still be believable! Maybe when they do brain transplants it will be reality, who knows?

Victor said...

Wow so you actually respond to my comments. I didn't know. This is the first time I've seen the checkbox to be emailed. Super cool! I'm going to check into the science of that. I've heard of ghost pains when you lose an arm, but not ghost memories if you gain a heart!

Belinda Chaplin said...

I respond to all (or at least most!) of your comments... so go back and look :)

Victor said...

That's a lot to go back through and look at! Ha ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...