Saturday, October 25, 2014

Blogging for books review | Heart wide open

Shellie Rushing Tomlinson's "Heart Wide Open" is an invitation to live a more intimate friendship relationship with Jesus. To not settle for anything less that a close deep relationship with the one who calls you to spend more time with Him with your heart wide open to all that He has for you in your life.

I enjoyed the book for the most part, and it has a lot of good advice, but a lot of it was nothing new to me. Also, it is really for an American audience and I felt like some of the stories and ideas were going over my head a bit.

That said, I would recommend it to anyone who is wanting to seek fresh new ways to revitalise their relationship with the living God and who lives in North America!

I received this book free from the publisher through the Blogging for books <http://www.bloggingforbooks.org> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

3 comments:

Victor said...

Ha ha! Your review was funny! I've decided I won't read it or don't need to read it. Ha ha.

Belinda Chaplin said...

I hope I don't put too many people off, it was ok, just not something I would go out and buy in a hurry! Maybe I am too harsh :)

Victor said...

No, not harsh. I used to attend a church where my pastor was famous and wrote books. But his books did nothing for me. What they were teaching was not new or mind-blowing, but more basic for me. As a greeter, people would come to my table every week and tell me they heard about the church by reading one of his books and it completely transformed their life and blew them AWAY!!! It would always amaze me to hear it because my experience was so completely different. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...