Monday, September 01, 2014

Booklook review | The Confession

Having read and enjoyed other Robert Whitlow books, (some of which I have reviewed here and here) I grabbed the chance to read and review "The Confession" for booklookbloggers.com

The story focuses on Holt Douglas, an assistant D.A in Ashley County, Georgia who has a secret which he has hidden since he was a teenager. As he prosecutes people for all the things they do wrong, he has forgotten that he is actually in the same boat as them, having made a horrendous mistake which should have him in jail as well. It really reminded me of the need to take the plank out of my own eye before taking the speck out of my neighbour's.

Another main character, Deputy Trish Carmichael, is wrapped in unforgiveness and bitterness over the accident that took her father and paralysed her mother. Through how the two story lines connect, Robert Whitlow not only shows how secrets can keep us imprisoned in the past, but also how bitterness does the same as well.

"The Confession" is not just a wonderful keep-you-guessing legal thriller, it also has levels of love interest which keeps you guessing as well! I would recommend it highly to anyone who wants a fulfilling read for the soul, as well as light entertainment for the mind.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Cool. Is it a tear-jerker, too? I'm always amazed at a writer's ability to make someone cry. Or maybe I'm just overly sensitive.

Belinda Chaplin said...

you might have cried, but I didn't... his style is more John Grisham and less Nicholas Sparks. But that said, the two books that made me cry the most were actually by James Patterson who I wouldn't normally have associated with tear jerking... Highly recommended if you like a good cry: "Sam's letters to Jennifer" and "Suzanne's diary for Nicholas". I took the first one on a plane to read: BIG mistake!! It really is amazing how books can make you cry!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...