Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blogging for books review: The Accident

One of the 8 books I managed to read on holiday was this thriller by Chris Pavone. I was intrigued by the premise: a book about something so explosive that no one is sure that it will be published. A manuscript so unbelievably believable that uncovers secrets that have long stayed hidden, and a rush to try and get it published before the person who doesn't want it publish kills everyone who knows about it.

In the beginning, you are not told what the manuscript is about and who is the author, but as the story unfolds, more and more details are revealed, and more and more possibilities emerge as to who the author could be and what exactly is so terribly horrifying about the manuscript and what it reveals.

I won't spoil the story by giving away plot twists, suffice it to say that it was a page turner. My only gripe is that there are a lot of characters who are involved and sometimes I had to go back to try and recall who each of them were as the story flipped back and forth between the different people involved. I was also a bit disappointed in the ending, maybe because it wasn't what I was hoping would come out at the end. Oh well.

Otherwise, I would give this book a 4 stars as a good read, makes you think, kind of novel - this certainly wasn't the mindless holiday read I was hoping for!

Disclaimer: I received this book for free to review through bloggingforbooks.com, however, the opinions expressed are purely my own.

2 comments:

Victor said...

Is that 4 stars out of 4 or 4 stars out of 5?

Belinda Chaplin said...

4 out of 5... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...