Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Booklook review: Critical Condition


Having already read and enjoyed many of Richard L. Mabry books, (including another one "Stress test" for booksneeze - which is what is now booklook). This one started off off with a bang with a murder on the front lawn of the main character, Dr. Shannon Frasier, and in the story she is taken through a wild roller coaster ride of action not only through the murder investigation(s) but also in her personal life as well.

I love the way Richard manages to weave in realistic faith dilemmas which make one think about one's faith while reading, and not just about the wonderful mystery that is unfolding before you. And once again the mystery is completely unpredictable right up to the end (and I am usually quite good at figuring things out, but his stories always leave me going "wow, that was unexpected"!)

I really do recommend his writing - so if you have a penchant for murder mysteries, but also want to be intellectually and spiritually challenged by more than just a mystery story, then I would recommend this story to you - as well as any from the same author. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...