Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Blogging for books review: A Table by the window


Growing up with Italian-French parents in a restaurant and with one failed restaurant has led Juliette D'Alisa to her current career in food writing. Based in Portland, Oregon, the story starts with her brother Nico wanting once again to open a restaurant with her, but she is sure whether she wants to take the plunge. She is finally happy in her new career and over her heartbreak from the chef at the last restaurant. She decides to dabble in internet dating, and before she sees that is not for her and takes her profile down, she is contacted by Neil from Memphis who is an immunologist and seems to be her kindred spirit.

The story evolves, and the author includes rich details about food (including recipes the main character uses) and the places the character goes to, from Portland to France, and also some interesting things about immunology! The story really keeps your attention, and I didn't want to put the book down, and I especially love the fact that I could learn so much about other things as well. She also weaves in aspects of the main character's faith journey which is also very special.

This is one of those stories that you really don't want to end... and I was so glad to find out that the author has written the sequel to this story, which I am looking forward to. I also love the fact that she puts the recipes into the book as well - there are many that I want to try out.

I would recommend this to anyone, especially foodies, and travel fundis and anyone who likes a good wholesome story.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the Blogging for Bloggers <http://www.bloggingforbooks.org> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Wow, that book sounds like a winner with so many elements, rich just like life is. I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...