Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Trip around the world...

I am so appreciative of the wonderful volunteers which I have for the Book Club at the Children's Home. It is a project that works really well because we have a group of dedicated and lovely volunteers who come every week to be with the kids. So, I decided to organise a lovely evening to show how much I appreciate them! Almost all of them could come tonight and we all enjoyed a fun evening of hanging out together and enjoying LOTS of fantastic food...
I decided that we would go on a "trip around the world" - using recipes I have picked up from all over the place: starting top right in Finland with the "Joulutortut" (a pinwheel star filled with jam) and going anti-clockwise to South Africa with my unbaked oat cookies (which I learnt to make when I was 4-5), two muffins from the US (one healthy, the other healthier:), and ending up in Australia with the pinwheel pizzas (which are in this case round). Yes, I baked up a storm, but I had fun doing it!
As part of showing my appreciation (and being volunteers for a "Book club"), I gave them a nice present of the best-selling book in the world: Here we are with our Bibles:
 And then we had to show our true selves: Did I already say that I love this group?
We really had a great trip around the world - I love that showing my appreciation can be so much fun!

3 comments:

Hyago Fran├ža said...

Great

Victor said...

What's really interesting is that all the volunteers are women. Is that significant? Is there any meaning or reasoning behind that or reason for that?

Belinda Chaplin said...

Over the years we have had a few guys come and go, but the ladies stick it out :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...