Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Booksneeze review: Stress Test

Having already read and enjoyed some of Richard Mabry's medical thrillers such as "Code Blue" and "Medical Error" I was excited to see "Stress Test" come up for reviewing on booksneeze - so I grabbed it. And I am glad I did! 

Dr. Matt Newman is kidnapped, but manages to escape only to find out that he has been set up for a woman's murder. The police struggle to believe in his innocence as the body was found in his car with his wallet underneath her - and he has no alibi (as he was busy trying to get away from his kidnappers!)

This is the start of this fast-paced exciting thriller, and it never lets up. No one seems to believe him, except his brother and his criminal defense lawyer Sandra Murray...even his girlfriend dumps him. And to say that the ending was a complete surprise would be an understatement: even though there were many hints along the way! I wasn't disappointed!

If you are looking for a good clean entertaining thriller (with a bit of romance thrown in for good measure), then I would highly recommend this book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com® <http://BookSneeze.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

OliveTree said...

It's fun to hear about different books because sometimes I feel like we're so "out of it" living overseas. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...