Friday, May 10, 2013

May Film Night: Searching for Sugarman

I saw this documentary in South Africa at the end of last year, and so enjoyed it that I wanted to use it for a film night here when I got back... and tonight I got the chance to do just that!

Again it was as part of my English classes, and there were about 10 of us who watched it in English with English subtitles and discussed it afterwards in English. I was worried that they wouldn't like the film or not get as much out of it as I had, but I was happily surprised when they all liked it, and we had a great discussion about what they had got out of it!

It really is a great movie, and it not only tells the story of the search for "Sugarman" but also about South Africa's history under apartheid as well. It was great to bring a little bit of my South African heritage to the Balkans!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...