Saturday, April 13, 2013

random phone snapshots of my first 10 days back in Bosnia...

I flew into Zagreb via London from Cape Town, and then caught the 1.55pm bus which goes through Banja Luka, and drops you off at a petrol station. On the bus I met Henrik of Hotelpassion.info - he is travelling to every country in the world, and trying to get the record as the youngest person to do so:
And I got driven home by David (thanks David!) to find out that my landlady had dinner ready for me :)  (Ljilja, my housemate would have done it, but she was away!) Soup, stuffed cabbage, mashed potatoes and Bosnian bread - yum yum!
After getting back on Thursday it was all systems go to get ready for a team coming from Romania. Finding accommodation and getting it all ready for them as well as setting up stuff for them to do... They arrived on Wednesday, and on Thursday I sent them on a scavenger hunt around Banja Luka to find out more about the city. It was a beautiful day and we met up later at my favourite "pita" place... not the greatest picture, but this is "random phone snapshots" isn't it? The team is made up of Ukrainians, Americans, and people from England and Holland.
Last night we had English Conversation Classes with the team and it was so much fun, that I didn't remember to take any photos... but I did get a shot after this morning's practice of our two new band members, both from the Ukraine:)
Besides helping with English classes, the team will also be hosting Cultural Evenings, and helping out at the orphanage as well. It is fun having them here!

And now one last really random photo for you: "this little piggy went to market"... he was just looking at me with such a knowing look, that I had to get a shot of him :)

1 comment:

OliveTree said...

May the Lord bless you and give you grace for the transition of getting settled back in again. Sounds like you have a great start!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...