Saturday, February 02, 2013

Booksneeze review: Silent Night

I really enjoyed Colleen Coble's Tidewater Inn so I was happy to read this short novella in time for Christmas. The main characters of Silent Night, Bree and her search-and-rescue dog Samson, also made a cameo in Tidewater Inn, and are featured in the Rock Harbor Series.

The story starts just before Christmas in the snowy wonderland of Rock Harbor on Lake Superior's Northern shore. Bree and her husband Kade are mourning their loss due to miscarriage, but looking forward to spending Christmas with their joint family. Kade's sister, Lauri, arrives unexpectedly and it eventually seems to be embroiled in something shady...

Bree and Samson get called out to look for a parachutist who has gone missing - and it seems that Lauri knows more about him than she is letting on. Although the parachutist is found dead, the trail also points to the his involvement in an unsolved kidnapping of a young student.

I enjoyed this short novel, especially as it was themed for Christmas (and I was reading it around that time!) and as in her books, keeps you in suspense wanting to read more, and leaves you feeling good at the end of the book. I haven't read any of the Rock Harbor series, but I do think I would enjoy them.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...