Monday, November 19, 2012

Walking with Cindi

Most weekday mornings my friend, Cindi, and I try to go walking around the nearby park (or if I have errands in town, to go do that). We aren't always in Banja Luka at the same time or sometimes just get lazy, but both of us feel a lot better when we get and go in this way in the mornings...

Here is Cindi in front of one of "her" shops: there is a chain of small markets called "Sindi" and they are "Dragstor"s which mean that they are open 24 hours a day... this was taken on a day I had to go to the bank, so we walked into town and stopped to get this photo on the way!
Some mornings I have wished that I took my camera as it has been so beautiful with the autumn leaves and the sunlight behind, but I never thought just to use my camera on my phone, until today...

But now, I am not capturing the pretty sun, and the bright early leave colours, but the eerie fog and mostly fallen leaves... which makes everything look so surreal! And even though the photos taken on my camera phone don't do it justice, I just had to try and capture the scene...

The leaf blower guys were out in full force, so that is why the paths are all cleared:
Somewhere behind the below trees there are houses (which you can usually see!) and one of them is where Cindi lives with her husband Mark. They are originally from the US, which is where their two grown-up kids live, but have lived in Bosnia just slightly longer than I have. I really enjoy walking with her and I know she does as well - both of us feel like it is part exercise, part psychotherapy session!
And below is my favourite: just not able to see what is coming around this corner because of the fog... which is kind of like ours lives... but I know the One who created the heavens and the earth, the trees and the fog... so I won't be afraid!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...