Monday, November 12, 2012

Booksneeze review: Tidewater Inn

Colleen Coble's novel "Tidewater Inn" set on little Hope Island off the coast of Virginia starts off with a bang - with a kidnapping in the first chapter. And as the story unfolds there are enough twists and turns in the plot line to keep a suspense junkie intrigued. However, the story is more than about that mystery, having a lovely romance as a major part of the plot, but also very deep rooted family issues which have to be resolved...

While the main character, Libby, investigates the kidnapping of her business partner, Nicole, she is thrown into contact with coast guard, Alec, and their relationship grows into something more deeper...

She also finds out that the father she thought was long dead, only died fairly recently, leaving her not only with the Tidewater Inn, but also a brother and sister she never knew she had...

Her father also left her some of his prized possessions: his bible and his necklace with the symbol WWJD on it. As she tries to figure out what Jesus would do in all the situations that are thrown on it, we see how she matures in her relationship with the Lord as the story progresses.

I enjoyed reading this book, as the suspense kept me wanting to read more, and also fed my soul as I went on the journey to discover more of God's ways along with Libby. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice Christian suspenseful and fulfilling read.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...