Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Booksneeze review: The Choice

I really enjoyed reading Robert Whitlow's "The Choice". It is a story made up of two parts: one set in 1974 and the other in the present day. Looking at the choice that pregnant teen Sandy Lincoln made in 1974 to give her babies life, and then at how she helps Maria, one of her students deal with her unwanted pregnancy. We also meet up with Sandy's twin boys in the second part, and see the redeeming of what was a really hard choice for Sandy to make.

I would describe this book as a legal thriller with a happy ending based on Christian principles. I definitely came out having been challenged in my faith and how I can be better in my Christian walk.

I especially liked the way the book dealt with the whole issue of abortion: Being about the choices women make with their own bodies, this isn't just a "pro-life" book, but looks at the "pro-choice" argument from another angle. If you choose to have the baby, that is still a choice. A choice to give the being inside of you a chance at life.

I would highly recommend this book to lovers of a good thriller with a redeeming message.

I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...