Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Booksneeze review: When God whispers your name

I have read quite a lot of Max Lucado's books, and enjoyed every one, so when this one was available to review I decided to grab it. It is a collection of unrelated stories which weave together through the common theme that God cares for you, and wants to be closer to you and lead you, you just need to have faith in Him.

For example, the first story is of a man who used to be some kind of high-powered executive, but because he committed a big crime has been working as a humble janitor in a school the last 20 years. And then one day God comes to him and talks to him out of his mop bucket... Using this illustration to explain the story of Moses totally brought it alive for me. And using this modern day version, Max really brings it home how God does talk to us and even if we have to wait a long time for God to come through to use us: "God ain't finished with you yet"!

I took it slowly while reading, and I really enjoyed reading one story at a time, and contemplating on each story. It was very encouraging in my walk with the Lord. I was sorry to only discover that it actually has a study guide once I was already through the whole book - but I think that one day I will go back through each story and use the study guide to go even deeper than I have now.

If you are looking for a good devotional book with a lovely theme running through, then I highly recommend this book.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...