Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day out in London...

I am in the UK for two weeks for conferences and such, but I only have a couple of days in London, so I am trying to fit in seeing a few people I haven't seen in a long time... Today I spent the day with my friend Victor, and we had a blast!

In front of the Paralympics countdown clock on Trafalgar square... (had to be done!)
After seeing some great artwork (which you aren't allowed to photograph) at the National gallery, we went over to South Bank to see the aMAZEing maze in books... 100000 of them! It really was an amazing experience!

We also went to a lovely free concert and found a wonderful display of South African artwork... how fun! It was called "Beautiful things" and was organised by the South African Department of Arts and Culture...


And the very arty pic of us in the beaded mirror :-)
And then it was time to go to do the London eye: which included an amazing 4D experience...
 And the eye was enjoyable despite the on and off again rain! (or maybe because of it...)
Can you spot the gherkin and the shaft?
 And Westminster?
And when it is really coming down all you can do is take shots of the neighbouring pod...
Despite the showery rain it was a very fun day in London!

1 comment:

OliveTree said...

What a great day! I'd love the 1000's of books myself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...