Monday, August 06, 2012

Booksneeze review: Song of the Brokenhearted

After taking months to read through my last booksneeze book 360° Leadership, it took me all of 2 days to read the next one! After reading Sweet Sanctuary in May, I know that I will love any of Sheila Walsh and Cindy Martinusen Coloma's books so when I saw this was up for review, I grabbed it!

Ava is a typical American mom, living in Texas, with a successful businessman husband who completely shelters her from anything to do with the business. With a daughter about to get married, and a son who's a starter on the football team, Ava's life couldn't get any better.

And then, Ava's life starts to fall apart in every area. Even having been the leader of a caring ministry to those in trouble, Ava, finds it hard to cope with all the issues coming up all at once and all the platitudes she offered to others don't seem to work in her life. And then... (you will have to read the book to find out!!!)

I love fiction that has a purpose - to make you look at your life and think through issues and things that need to be dealt with. And this book does not disappoint. Just as Ava has to go back to her past to be able to deal with the things that are happening in her present, it is a reminder to all of us that we are only able to move forward if we have dealt with the issues of the past.

There are many good lessons that are woven throughout this book, and the main one that I will take away is how God's grace is enough to carry us through any trial. He is the one we need to turn to, no matter what is happening. It is always good to be reminded of that!

If you like great Christian Fiction with a message, then this is definitely the book for you!

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...