Friday, August 03, 2012

Booksneeze review: The 360° Leader

Leaders are found everywhere in an organisation and it is actually harder for people to lead from the middle of the organisation. John C. Maxwell's book showed me that even if I am not the main leader, I still need to be developing my leadership skills, influence and potential right where I am.

Leading in the 360° way means looking at yourself first, then how to influence your leader, your peers and finally (what we think of as traditional leadership) the people under you.

I started this book in May and decided to take my time to read it because it was so full of good and interesting information and I wanted to fully digest each chapter before moving on. The workbook at the end really helped with this. And each chapter ends with a review of that chapter as well.

This book has really changed my thinking about leadership and also helped me see my role in leading others completely differently. I don't just have an influence on those below me, but also on my colleagues, and my leaders. It has been very interesting for me putting some of these ideas into practice, and I have already seen some positive results!

His use of practical examples and interesting stories definitely makes this an easy read, and it was only because of the amount of good stuff in it that made me stretch it out over time to get the maximum amount out of the book. As part of having the book, there is an assessment that you can take at http://www.360degreeleader.com and it was interesting to see the results and also really helped with working through the book as well.

Wherever you are working in an organisation, I would highly recommend you to get this book and work through it.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...