Sunday, August 12, 2012

Booksneeze book review: Cherished

Kim Cash Tate's "Cherished" is a wonderful novel about second chances and finding one's true self in Christ. I originally reviewed her book "Faithful" in 2010, and so it was no surprise to me to find myself once again totally engrossed in the characters, the story and the wonderful message of this novel.

Cherished is about the fact that God loves us, and cherishes us, even when we don't always do the right thing. Kelli is not sure what she wants out of life, but the last thing she wants is to have anything to do with her ex-boyfriend Brian. He is the reason she is hurt, beat-up and not wanting to follow the calling God has on her life into music. Heather has no self-esteem left after always falling for the wrong guys...

Both need to remember how much God loves them, and we are also reminded of that as the story unfolds. Also through the story we are reminded that we need to forgive others just as He forgave us... Unforgiveness is a poison you drink expecting the other person to die... and instead it ends up hurting you more. I think we all need to remember that lesson!

I don't want to give away the rest of the story, so you will just have to read for yourself... and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did ;-)

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...