Sunday, July 15, 2012

Light vs Dark

For a long time I didn't have a working light in the walk-in pantry that is part of the kitchen. I got used to going in there and leaving the door open so I can see in there using the kitchen light. Last year, our friend and general handyman, Damjan, painted in there and managed to also fix the light! I told him after 8 years of darkness, he was truly bringing light into my world... It was so nice to have a light and be able to actually see in there, especially at night.

The other day I realised something - it is over a year now since I have had a working light in there, and yet I still struggle to remember to TURN IT ON! I got so used to being in there in the dark that I forget that I don't have to be in the dark anymore...It is so easy, just flick a switch and you don't have to scramble anymore, but the years of living in darkness conditioned me and it is hard to remember that I don't have to live that way anymore...

Now, I hope that you can relate to this little revelation of mine: it is so true in our lives that we so forget to turn on the light, we forget to connect to the one who will bring that light into our lives, and we continue to live in the darkness... We live in our old ways of darkness and forget to turn our lives daily over to the light...

So, my challenge to you today is: don't forget to TURN ON THE LIGHT!

1 comment:

OliveTree said...

Thanks for the challenge! I've been thinking about renewing my mind with scripture rather than just clinging to my own worried, anxious thoughts. So your post rings a bell!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...