Friday, May 11, 2012

End of the Beginner's English Class

Last night was the last English class of my Beginner's group. We started back in September, and finished the first part of the course in December. We then had a couple of new people join us when we started up in February again, but it was mostly the "old faithfuls" that came until the end. This was the same group whom I forced to carry on with class even when the electricity went out :-)

Of course, I forgot to take any pictures last night, but we did hand out their well-deserved certificates and had a little party (it was also one of our members' birthdays this week).

I have been using the Headway Beginner's book and even though it is the first time for me with me with this book, I really love Headway, and it is very teacher friendly and the students learn the language well using it. The class itself has also been really fantastic. Everyone really enjoys coming, even if it is hard work at times (English is really not easy to learn!). Some of them even tell me that they come to "get away from it all" and "have a break", and not surprisingly in this atmosphere, there has actually been a lot of English learning going on! I am so proud of my students for working hard and completing the course. The plan is to continue with this group onto the Elementary book in September!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...