Saturday, March 17, 2012

KINDLE! (and a booksneeze review)

One of the things that also happened while I was in England in February was that I was given money to buy myself a kindle from some lovely friends (what a blessing!). It has already become a feature at my English Conversation Classes as I have downloaded books with "Lateral Thinking" problems onto it (and we usually finish the class with a lateral thinking problem or two)... so that has been great.

I also am now able to get ebooks from Booksneeze©, so you will be seeing more reviews on my blog, as I don't have to wait for the book to arrive (or not, as has happened twice) and so I can actually read and review more frequently! And of course getting books for free is always a bonus!

I am still getting used to the fact that I have this wonderful piece of technology, but so far I am really enjoying it! One of the funniest things is that I usually read in bed and then start falling asleep and the kindle is so like a book in my brain that I find myself trying to put a bookmark into the "book" in my hand so I don't lose my place!

Here is my first ebook review for you to enjoy:

Nick Polchak, a forensic entomologist ("Bug Man") just about to get married decides to travel to a meeting of all the big forensic minds in the US to meet up with a friend. After being stood up at the meeting, Nick, tries to track down his friend: at his house he sees blowflies through the window - meaning only one thing, there is a dead body in the house: his friend is dead.

The rest of the story continues to track Nick (and his fiance, Alena)'s movements while he chases his friend's killer(s) and she tries to track him down before the wedding... the plot twists and turns and keeps you reading right up until the end.

I really enjoyed this book, and am interested in reading more of this author's other books - including more in this series on the "Bug Man", Nick.

My only negative comment was that the book was from a Christian publisher and so I expected more of a Christian emphasis than there was in the book. There were some pointers towards good wholesome thinking, but sometimes the characters get so caught up with everything that is going on that they forget about each other, let alone God. I know it probably would have changed the pace and the timing of the book, but it was the only thing that I think may have been lacking.

I received this book through the Booksneeze© program of Thomas Nelson Publishers, but this opinion is my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...