Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Last day in Cape Town for a while...

I leave the 30 degree weather to go back to the 30 degree weather in Bosnia... (that is 30C to 30F!) But I am not complaining, I have had a FANTASTIC time while I have been here. Every now and again it hits me that Dad and Mama are not around and I take a moment to remember them (and shed a tear at times)...Also, I have spent most of my time with family and haven't actually seen many people (as I usually do), so I apologise to those of you I didn't get to see at all.

I did get to do a lot of things for the first time: I attended the fantastic Johnny Clegg concert at Kirstenbosch for my aunt's birthday. She also took us up to the revolving restaurant at the top of the Ritz in Seapoint, which was great fun! I attended the Phantom of the Opera with my mom (who has seen it countless times) for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Another first time for me was to go to St James beach (well since I was a kid...) I have been to the beach walking from Muizenberg along the pathway, but not sat on the beach or swam in the tidal pool for about 30 years. It was so nice to do that, and mom and I went a few times together - almost becoming regular features on the beach. It was only after reflecting that I realised that of course 30 years ago it would just have been white people on the apartheid "whites only" beach and so it was nice to enjoy the beach with all of the colours of the rainbow nation that is South Africa...

As usual when going between two places - I go from one "home" to another, and once again realise that I am not going to be HOME until I enter into the eternal rest that is to come...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...