Tuesday, November 15, 2011

latest triplet...

I just returned from a lovely trip to Zenica, Budapest and Zagreb. I went to two conferences/retreats in Budapest and they were completely different, but both wonderfully uplifting, encouraging and restful.

I started off with good friends in Zenica because I could catch a ride from there to Budapest. It was so fun catching up with old friends and playing with their growing kids... Then Budapest: the first conference was in a four-star hotel complete with spa/sauna/steam baths and I made good use of them! I did manage to get out and see some of Margit Island where the retreat was held - but didn't get out much more than that into Budapest or beyond... Here are some of the lovely autumn colours: 

The second conference was in Csomor outside of Budapest and the only bad part of the whole trip was on my way to Csomor:
I had to catch a bus there and get off at the last stop and then someone would come get me there. As I was getting off the bus, the bus driver started to shut the door on me: I thought I would make it all the way out or manage to push the door open, but unfortunately all that happened was the door shut on my foot (so the foot was in the door and the rest of me was outside the bus). This probably wouldn't have been a problem if he had realised and opened the door, except he didn't and he started to drive off! So, with my foot stuck in the door I was kind of pulled while hopping and then as I fell to the ground, dragged along for about 10 metres... all I could think of to do was scream at the top of my lungs (which is quite a loud scream actually... luckily for me!) and the driver either heard me or the people milling around managed to wave him down... but whatever, he stopped and opened the door and came running towards me. Now the screaming was out of proportion to the pain, so it sounded as if I had broken every bone in my body (which PTL, I hadn't!) so he was looking very worried as this could mean his job... I managed to get up slowly while all around me people were jabbering and asking me stuff in Hungarian. Eventually one lady came up who spoke English and I managed to convey that I was ok, and that someone was coming to get me and I didn't need an ambulance... And out of all that I have a coin sized bruise on my leg and it feels like it has been stretched out, but other than that I am mainly ok!!! I did rest up and ice stuff and that has helped, but seriously the only explanation I have that I didn't get more injured is that God had His angels protecting me!

After a wonderful time in Csomor, I then travelled to Zagreb by train and stayed the night with some other good friends. In the morning I met up with a good friend, Richard Asher, who had flown in to Zagreb to come visit me in Banja Luka and just lucked out that I happened to be in Zagreb when he arrived, so he had a tour guide there and escort back to Banja Luka... He is staying until Friday and is fun to have around. Here are some photos from yesterday in Zagreb:

Fawlty tower's moustache with statue dude

So excited about the weather station
And another excitement is that we actually found a Biggie Best outlet in Zagreb! It is a South African brand - and we went into ask and the stuff comes all the way from South Africa...how cool is that... And I had to get a photo as I kind of matched the Santa in my red jacket:
I am sorry I didn't have more photos, especially of all the people, but suffice it to say it was a good time of catch up with a load of people, and I came back with my love tank completely filled...

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

Oh my Belinda. What a hectic bus experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't really know what to say, its rather outrageous, and then the fact that you are mostly fine is just remarkable. Angels, clearly there must have been angels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...