Thursday, October 27, 2011

Out of the mouths of babes...

On Monday, we went to the Children's Home to run the Book Club. A group of 5 volunteers was working with the younger kids, while Jovana (below right) and I worked with 5 of  the older children. In between reading aloud from the books, and making bookmarks, some of the girls were asking me how old we are. When Jovana said she was 18, I told them they had to double her age and add 1 to get my age... make them work for it!

Once they managed to figure it out, Bozana (below left) asked "so are you married?". When I said "no" She said "You're thirty-seven and you are not married! That is a disgrace!" Out of the mouths of babes...and it shows you what the culture is like here too: she is just repeating what she has heard! But it is a very good thing that I don't have a problem with being single!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...