Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Light and reflections...

So, I have been pretty busy lately, hence the non-blogging. And I keep forgetting to take my camera with me, or when I do, I forget to take pictures! Oh well...

I did get to take a break at the Brela Women's Conference (which is in Brela, Croatia - on the coast!) for 4 days, which was wonderful! I was so blessed by the ladies who came to help run the conference (from Pennsylvania) and also getting to hang out with some old friends was so much fun! (but no photos - sorry!)...

One of the great gifts we were given by the ladies was this painting by the artist (who is in their church) Richard Bollinger. It is a print, but a limited edition and I just happen to have print 123/450 which is quite sweet! It is based on Mathew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
I got back from the conference, and last week was a blur of activity: finishing up the business training course, continuing with Beginner's English Classes, taking the Children's home children to the library, starting up my English Conversation Classes. Besides coffees and hanging out with friends...:-) And I realised by the end of the week, how many people I had been in touch with. How many people I was shining for... And I know that it is not me, but only God who is shining through me! And I need to be constantly in touch with Him in order to shine His light and not my own.

I was having my quiet time of reading my bible and praying yesterday morning with my cup of tea. As I was holding it in my hands the light was being reflected in the surface of the tea: I got a picture of it:
I was just reminded once again that as Christians, we are all reflecting God's light into the lives of other people, wherever we are and whatever we are doing. What are you reflecting? Do people actually get to see the light in you, or is it shadowed by other things? I am challenged once again to be a good reflector of God. And to be His light and peace and HOPE to the people here.

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

I like reading about what you get up to, but I must say I am really blessed when you share your reflections, and explain what God is doing in your heart - it inspires me too/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...