Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday fun...

In the morning, walking around town I encountered the annual gathering of Veterans /"Oldtimers" on the main square... My Dad would say "my dad owned one of those": Despite the crowds, I managed to take a few pictures:
A Mercedes and an Oldsmobile:









And the one I like the best is a Beetle made entirely out of wood! I have seen it before, and it has even made it onto TV. Yesterday, I overheard  him tell someone else that it took him a year and a half to make! Amazing:
After such a beautiful morning, we were fooled into thinking that the predicted rain wouldn't happen and headed to Damjan and Tanja's plot to have a braai/barbecue... It was fine for the first hour or so, but then the heavens openned. Here is proof that nothing will stop us enjoying ourselves!!! (especially me from the "comfort" of the little shed!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...