Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Booksneeze review: Max on LIfe

Max Lucado's latest offering "Max on Life" finally arrived for me to review. I was supposed to review it on the 19th of April, so this is almost a month late, but what can I do when the post to Bosnia is slow?

The book is something unique: Max has taken questions that he has received either from his readers or from members of his church in San Antonio, Texas. With collected wisdom from his 5 year stint as a missionary in Brazil, and his preaching, teaching and writing ministry of over 20 years, he answers each question in his inimical style. Ranging from questions on "Why am I here?" to sex and romance, he covers a wide-range of questions about life in general and Christian life in particular. Touching on forgiveness, why God allows suffering, money and how to talk to children about sex, this format gives Max the opportunity to share his wisdom with us on many areas of life.

As he receives a lot of questions on writing, he also includes a section on that, which has been an encouragement to me to be more deliberate in my writing and in trying to bless people through what I write. Not just say "I would like to be a writer" or "I like writing", but to actually get off my behind and write stuff!

This is a book which can be read fast and reread slowly, and kept as a resource for when the tough questions come at you personally. It helps us remember why we believe what we believe, and also gives wise answers to frequent questions that people may not understand about the Christian faith.

I received this book free from Booksneeze in return for my honest review.
All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...