Saturday, April 02, 2011

Three things I can't do without...

So, I am talking about three things that I can't do without... 

The first thing I do when I get up every morning is take my thyroid hormone tablet... I have to take one every day for the rest of my life in order to replace the hormone my thyroid is not producing. Now that they have figured out the right level I just have to keep taking the tablet and get my levels checked every 6 months or so. But this is something that I really cannot do without...

Another thing that I have found that I really cannot do without is a good cup of 'English' tea: ie black/indian/ceylon tea: medium strong with sugar and milk! I even bring teabags from England or South Africa as the ones that are here aren't any good, and are quite expensive - so, you end up paying more for a bad cup of tea...hence the need to import my own teabags! (and I also carry them around with me so I can have it wherever I go: as people here do not have any black tea in their homes and as I don't drink coffee, this often presents a problem... but at certain people's homes - those I know well enough - I bring out my teabag and have them make me a 'cuppa' instead of the obligatory coffee).

And the third thing that I cannot do without on a daily basis is a good time reading my bible, praying and spending time with the Lord. I really feel it on the days when I don't make the time to do this!! And now that spring is springing I will soon be able to go out on my balcony in the morning and have my "quiet time" out there - and maybe even enjoying a good cup of tea while I am at it!!

5 comments:

ergliangel45 said...

I join you in those 3 things plus insulin and a two more tablets. We import our tea from England as well. They have English tea here but we prefer a certain brand. . . Yorkshire good and strong.

OliveTree said...

Yes, I can relate to your passion for just the right tea. That's how I am for coffee. Fortunately where I live, I can buy a Western style coffee maker and filter coffee! I love Turkish coffee too, but it's just not the same...

Jamie Jo said...

Nice to "meet" you via WOTH. Glad you took the challenge to share your blog with us. My list would be similar except I take a supplement to support my adrenal gland, not thyroid, and my "tea" is actually a green juice I make daily. Sadly I don't always get a sufficient "quiet time" to render me fully equipped and Spirit led.

Women of the Harvest Blogs said...

Thanks for being a part of the WOTH "Power of 3"...I enjoyed reading yours. Keep writing! your friend, Cindy

Belinda Chaplin said...

Thanks everyone for your comments! I enjoy being a part of the WOTH family...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...