Wednesday, March 02, 2011

My heart is in two places...

This is my last night in Cape Town before I start heading back to Bosnia. I can't believe that almost 3 months has passed since I arrived! I will be at a retreat near Johannesburg for a week and get back to Banja Luka next Friday. This week has been about saying goodbye again to all my friends and family whom I won't get to see again for almost 2 years... I have even started saying "so, see you in two years" which is kind of weird really, but that is my life!
Me with my good friend Keren
I am blessed by the fact that I do still have a lot of friends in Cape Town and that they do want to see me and spend time with me when I come. It has been so nice reconnecting with them and with my family that it, of course, makes it harder to leave again... but leave I must and I have good friends and "family" on that side which help me look forward to going back: but the reality is that my heart is in two places - once again I am neither here nor there

1 comment:

Laurence Thom said...

Hey friend! I understand the feelings!! May you experience God's grace and joy in the middle of all the mixed emotions! Safe travelling and good "re"start. :) Laurence

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...