Saturday, December 25, 2010

South African Christmas...

I haven't been in South Africa for Christmas since 2002... I usually come in January every other year, and so miss the warm Christmas I grew up with...
So, it has been really special to be here with my family to celebrate our Saviour's birth. I have immersing myself in Christmas concerts and carol singing, and it has been really fun! And of course being able to swim and be in warm weather when it is literally freezing in Bosnia is not too shabby either!

Today there was 14 of us for dinner at my parents' house, including my friends, Justin and Iris, who are here visiting from Holland. When everyone arrived, it was time to open the piles of presents:
Here is my (almost) 90-year-old gran with Santa's helpers (aka my niece and nephew), James and Amy:
After the presents were open, it was time for lunch, complete with Christmas crackers and silly hats!
And if you were wondering where I get my whacky sense of life from, you don't have to look further than my gran :-) Pictured here with James' flashy glasses!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Heeey, I wouldn't call it "freezing" here - yesterday we had almost 20 plus degrees and today +10. It's FREEZING in Finland, where it has been something like -30 degrees! ;)

Belinda Chaplin said...

It was a bit of poetic license - because it has been freezing until the last couple of days, and if you look at the forecast my dear friend it will again, sorry! But I did know that it wasn't ACTUALLY freezing right now! I hope you had a great Christmas!!

David Symon said...

Phenomenal! Granny is the law (baka je zakon) Here in Prague minus 10 degrees, but we´re enjoying warm friendship Revenko family and me, puno te pozdravljaju! Ja isto, sretna nova!!! UÅživajte sa Lj i sa Sinom pa se vidimo za koju sedmicu:) D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...