Monday, November 22, 2010

so... what's up with me?

Wow, I haven't posted anything in two weeks, that is a long time for me :-) I don't have anything mind-blowing to post about now either, but I thought I would write a little something... to catch you up with what is going on with me. In case you actually care!

November is the month where the clock has changed back and everyone is adjusting to the fact that at 4.30 it is dark outside, and usually the weather is horrible (although we have been lucky, and it is only now just turning really nasty), so not much is going on which is blog-worthy! Also, I was out of it last week with some sort of tummy bug, which has finally run its course...

My meds for hypothyroidism seem to have reached their right level, yay! I am up to 2/3rd of what I would be taking if I didn't have a thyroid at all, so looking back it is amazing that I was able to function at all - or a testimony to God's faithfulness in giving me the strength I needed to get everything I needed to get done, done...

Ljilja's sister Sladjana gave us all a big scare last week as she was hospitalised with kidney problems. PTL that in the end it was "just" a kidney stone: at one stage they thought her kidneys had given in. She is doing ok now, just waiting for the stone to pass... Also PTL that they managed to sort out the insurance for her stay so she only had to pay the "participation" fee and not they whole amount (which was around 1000Euros!). Ljilja went down to Trebinje to be with her family while this was all going on, but arrived back safely last night.

I am also busy working on my Master's in Community Development. I made a survey which I sent out 10 days ago to people who have been working (or worked) in Bosnia Herzegovina in Christian Development work. It has been interesting to see what the results have been so far. I look forward to seeing what will come out of this! If you have ever worked in that field in BiH and want to be involved, let me know!

And now, I have about 3 weeks to go before I head to South Africa (yes, it is sneaking up on me too)! In that time we will be finishing off the English Classes and Alpha. I will also be handing over the Orphanage Book Club to the capable volunteers who will be running it my absence...and almost everything else that I do here can be done while I am in South Africa via skype and email or will just have to wait until I am back!!

So, in a nutshell, that is what's up with me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...