Sunday, October 10, 2010

Communication Workshop Harpenden England

I have been in England since Wednesday, helping to set up for and now run an "Effective Communication Workshop" here at the YWAM Harpenden base just north of London. This a EuroCom workshop focusing on making people in YWAM more effective in their communication in all areas: design, web, writing, photography, etc. It covers a lot of everything over three/four days and then we break into smaller groups to cover some topics in more depth. The group is made of 14 people from all over (12 different nationalities represented!!) and they are a LOT of fun.

Besides handling logistics and other stuff, I also taught on "writing" today, and had a great time. even though I am not an expert by any means, I feel like I can share some of the tidbits I have picked up about writing over the years... After teaching some basic principles, I gave them a writing assignment. They had to write for 10 minutes on the topic of "the first time..."
Here they are getting down to it:
 Yes, we have a lot of laptops!!
Here is Aneesh from India reading out his story, which described the first time he encountered snow. Thanks to Rob Darby for the great photo.
I am really enjoying being with this group of wonderful people and not only "teaching" them, but also learning from them along the way. I will be running a workshop (we break into smaller groups) on "writing/interviewing" later on in the week and I look forward to seeing how fun that will be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...