Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Booksneeze review: Faithful

Once I got into this book by Kim Cash Tate, I couldn't put it down. The intertwined stories of the three best friends clearly show the message not only of God's faithfulness to us, but also our need to be faithful to our husbands and wives and to ourselves. Without understanding how our unfaithfulness can hurt not only each other, but also ourselves and ultimately God, we will not be able to live the way God intended. I love reading books like this one: a nice, wholesome novel, but also filled with meaning.

An interesting feature of the story for me is that two of the friends are African Americans and this is what sets this story apart from other literature for Christian women. It shows a different side, and one that I really enjoyed. I got involved in all the characters and enjoyed seeing how they ended up. I would highly recommend this book to any woman looking for a fulfilling read and one that keeps you involved.

I am writing this review for Booksneeze, but the opinion is my own.

1 comment:

Netherland said...

I adored this book! I finished the book and the next day I purchased "June" and "Hope"! Faith was such a spirited character, and such a youthful fire that you wanted to be part of her. I loved how she felt her own faith was her life guide and she trusted GOD in almost every move. I think this book would be a great Christian (women's) "book club" book!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...