Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mom's hair salon experience...

Mom has arrived for a whistle-stop visit on her way around the world to visit her children and grandchildren (my brother lives in Vancouver and my sister in England so we are all over the place!!). Dad, once again, is staying with my sister in England as with his South African passport he needs a visa for Bosnia (Mom has a British passport and doesn't need one)... Anyhoo, all that to say Mom is here!! Yay!

As she is in the middle of a 8 week almost around the world journey, she needed to have her hair coloured and cut somewhere on the trip and I suggested at my friendly hairdresser, Sanela. She is a great hairdresser and I have been going there for 5-6 years and it has got to the stage where I don't even get my haircut in South Africa and wait until I get back! Also she is incredibly cheap: for my haircut it was 5KM ($3/R23) and for mom's dye, wash and blow dry it was 15KM ($10/R70)...

Mom brought the hair colour from South Africa and Sanela put it on and then gave her a terrific head massage and another when she was having her hair washed! She really gave Mom the full treatment :-) Here they are during the blow drying stage of the process:
While the colour was setting, I also had my hair cut (it needed it) and so here are the two of us with our new hairdos:

1 comment:

Karin said...

Hallo Bee in Bosnia, our family lives and work in Turkey, we are also from South Africa. I love coming to your blog and read your mail. Great photos. I have a few blogs but not sure how to get the adresses to you. So happy your mom could come and visit you. My husband Etienne's parents came out in April, we had such fun. Love and hugs
Karin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...