Saturday, September 11, 2010

Booksneeze review: Outlive Your Life

I was supposed to post a review for Booksneeze on the 10th of September, but since I only received the book in the mail on the 9th, it was never going to happen! Although it is the 11th where I am, it is still the 10th in Hawaii so I can get away with giving a review now...

Also I have to admit that I still haven't finished it (given that I was in a meeting yesterday all day and then had a guest last night I just haven't had the time), but what I have read (the first third of the book) I have really enjoyed. I also don't want to rush through the book, but rather savour every chapter and process it, and so that is why I have decided to do the review based on what I have read and not rush to get it finished.

Max Lucado is giving the royalties from this book to World Vision, and in doing that sets the tone for the whole book. Make your life worthwhile. Make a difference to other people. Get out of your shell. Get out and change things. This is something that I am dealing with ever since the early death of Beatrice Simion.I want my life to make a difference, to live in such a way that people are changed by my being in their lives. Max writes "May you live in such a way that your death is just the beginning of your life". That was so true of Beatrice's life. She lived in a way that people who were touched by her are being challenged to life their lives better and though she is no longer with us, her legacy lives on in Romania and in YWAM.

I look forward to reading the rest of the book and being challenged and changed in different areas. I would recommend this book to people who are looking for more out of life and wanting to see God change them. If you aren't ready for that, don't buy this book!

1 comment:

puppetmaster said...

I really loved Outlive Your Life and found it very inspirational! I'm sharing a copy with a friend today! I also wrote a review of it here: fablefreak.wordpress.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...