Friday, August 06, 2010

Bosnian temporary residence visa

As I am a volunteer, I am no longer able to get permanent residence (they changed the law 6 months before I could get it - see here for a reminder), so every year I have to reapply for my temporary residence to be able to live here. There is a list of 12-14 things (depending on the year - it pretty much changes every year) and it takes a lot of time and legwork to get it all together, but if it means I get to say, I am happy! And who knows one day I hope the law will change again and I will be able to get my "stalni" (permanent residence) or find another way to get it... who knows!

Today, I finally got all my pieces of paper (I hope!) together and thought I would show you what it all looks like: 
Ranging from doctor's certificate to proof of where I reside, to health insurance and (verified) copies of my passport... some things are quick and easy: others took over a month. Some were free, others cost a lot. Altogether this year it cost about 250KM (R1200/$170). I will take everything in on Monday morning, and hope that I do have everything as they are notorious for wanting something else even when you have everything on the list...Of course this year I found out that I am hypothyroid because of the physical I have to take for my visa: so not everything is all bad!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting! About to move to Sarajevo and apply for my very first temporary residency. Has it gotten easier or harder since 2010?

Belinda Chaplin said...

It depends on on what basis you apply and what kind of visa you are applying for. It has actually got even harder this year as the law has changed again. I am now in month 3 of working on the paperwork... But this is for voluntary visas - if you are getting another form of visa then it is different. If you want more information, please feel free to contact me on the contact form on the blog (to the right of this post :) )

Anonymous said...

Hello, how strict are they when applying for residency for the first time. I doubt I will get everything by the 15 days before my visa expiry deadline. Is it possible to apply with just 100km tax,white card and passport then bring the rest of paperwork?Getting my police background check apostilled is taking a while.I'm applying based on marriage but that's taking time too, since there is a lot of paperwork.Thanks :)

Belinda Chaplin said...

Sorry only saw this now. You can do the white card one time for three months and then you have to leave for 3 months. But you then have 75 days to apply. they are very strict and you will get a fine if you go over...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...