Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World cup madness even in Banja Luka...

On Friday there was a lot of celebration when Serbia won against Germany. This is a pic I took from the bus (on my way to the business training):

 {On a side note, the 3 fingers are a traditional Serb salute based on the fact that Serbs - being Orthodox - make the sign of the cross with 3 fingers, signifying the trinity: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.}

And when South Africa won against France yesterday, I had to show my allegiance by driving around with my South African flag flying high... the fun thing is that more people actually recognise the flag now (because of this World Cup) than when I did the same thing when we won the World Cup Rugby:


Even though South Africa is not through to the next round, at least we went out in style!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...